Wifi Garage Door Opener

Recent Posts
Showing 12 comments
  • Raymond C

Nice! Is there a plan to add a sensor to determine if the garage door is closed \ not closed?

• Philip Rowe

Hi Raymond, great suggestion for a future feature. At this stage there is no specific plan to add it though.

Cheers
      Phil

• Adrian

Hi, ive downloaded and configured the sketch with an IP on my local subnet and can ping the address however the webpage is not generated or displayed. Ive used a generic Wiznet 5100 ethernet shield and have run several tests with different sketches to verify ethernet and hardware functionality.

When visiting the ip address it just shows a blank page (no errors or extra long loading times).

What can I check to see why the webpage is not being generated?

Thanks,
    A

• adrian

Figured out the problem with the blank webpages. You need to update to the newest version of webduino. However it was very confusing doing so as the webduino .h file is names webserver.h and the project file includes a webserver.h but it is not the webduino .h file. Need to change the new filename to webduino.h

• Jack

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I have always wanted to have a wifi door opener on my garage door. Can this be used on electric gates ? Nice gate motors are what i use on my gate and garage door. anyone give me advice ?

• Brad

Hi jack answer to your above comment yes it will work on gates you need to put n/o volt free contact on open command of gate control panel, normally best to put on start command rather than open command. Depending on the board

• Tim L

Does this require an Arduino Uno or other controller, or does the EtherTen (or equivalent ethernet shield) handle everything? Sorry if it’s a stupid question, but I know very little about Arduino.

Thanks!
    Tim

• Philip Rowe

Hi Tim, the EtherTen incorporates both the Wiznet chip and the microcontroller but shield version will need an Arduino UNO as well.

Cheers
      Phil

• Tim L

Thank you for the feedback, Phil.
        Tim

• Tim L

Thank you for the feedback, Phil.
    Tim

• Ang

Sorry for this question. I have a ESPduino (Arduino +Wifi). With this sketch for this this board.

• Philip Rowe

Hi Ang, not in its current form. This is designed for the older ethernet based boards.

Cheers