We have packaged an Arduino library with MegunoLink Pro. The library makes it easier to send data to MegunoLink Pro in the right format for:
Once the library is added to your Arduino installation, you’ll be able to send data for plotting to MegunoLink Pro by writing code on the Arduino like:
double t = millis();
double y = cos(2 * 3.141 * t/1000.0);
The MegunoLink Pro library also supports a few general utilites useful for Arduino development including:
- An Arduino serial command handler: decodes serial commands & executes functions
- A multi-channel serial command handler: setup a single command table and process messages from multiple serial sources
- An EEPROM template to make it easy to save structured data in the EEPROM
- A wrapper for the
millis()timer to make it easier to write timer driven code
There are two ways to get the MegunoLink Pro Arduino library:
- Download the latest version from GitHub, then copy it into your Arduino libraries folder
- Install it from within MegunoLink Pro.
If you install the library within MegunoLink Pro, you can optionally install our Arduino upload monitor as well. The Arduino upload monitor detects when you upload programs using the serial port on most Arduino boards. When the upload is detected, MegunoLink Pro automatically disconnects from the port so that it doesn’t block the upload.
The Arduino library and upload monitor can both be installed by selecting Setup Arduino Integration from the MegunoLink Pro gear menu. If you don’t already have it, you can download a free trial of MegunoLink Pro.
In the Arduino Integration setup tool, set the path where you installed the Arduino IDE (the folder containing Arduino.exe), select the options you’d like to install, then hit the Update Installation button.