MegunoLink is a stand-alone program but it can work with the Arduino IDE in a couple of ways:
- We have a standard Arduino library for sending data to MegunoLink graphs, tables, maps and interfaces. This saves you from building the messages yourself.
- MegunoLink can also avoid blocking the serial port during the Arduino upload process using our upload monitor.
On many devices, the Arduino IDE uses the same serial port for uploading new sketches that MegunoLink uses for monitoring data. Both programs can’t be using the serial port at the same time so this can cause a conflict.
Our upload monitor is triggered when the Arduino IDE uploads a program to your Arduino. MegunoLink releases the serial port so the upload can continue. When the upload completes, MegunoLink will reconnect to the serial port to monitor your data.
Installing Arduino Integration
You can install and remove the integration features from the gear menu.
Setup Arduino Integrationfrom the gear menu to get started. Windows may prompt you for permission. MegunoLink has to write files into the Arduino folder to install the integration features so you will need to click the
Yesbutton to continue.
- For the MegunoLink library simply click the install button. This will copy the library files to the standard directory used by the Arduino IDE for user libraries (
- For the upload monitor, browse to the folder where you installed the Arduino IDE. This folder contains
Arduino.exe. If you use the standard installer then the files typically end up here
C:\ Program Files (x86)\Arduino.
- Once the directory has been selected simply hit the Update/Install button.
You can remove the Arduino integration features by clicking the remove buttons for each of the components. Please let us know about any problems you run into so we can fix them for everyone.